Has this ever happened to you?
- Have you ever lost sales because you can't find your customer's image?
- Have you lost sales due to long lines waiting for images?
- Have your customers waited for images until a flash card is returned from the field?
- Have you ever had to re-shoot due to lost images?
With Wi-Pics Mobile!™, you have More Than Just Another Wireless Solution!Wi-Pics Mobile!™ ...
- can scan up to six unique barcodes, mag-stripe cards or RFID tags to identify your images!
- can automatically name your images in a way they can be found easily!
- can send your images securely and wirelessly!
- can increase your profits!
Wi-Pics Mobile!™ is the solution for you!
With Wi-Pics Mobile's Data Association and Wireless features, you can add critical search data to your images at time of capture and automatically transmit the images to your computer or editing station via a secure wireless connection. The critical search data added to your images allows you and your customers to find their images quickly and easily.
What is Wi-Pics Mobile!™ Data Association?
Data Association is the ability to rename your image files with critical search data at the point of capture and also to place that data into the EXIF header of the JPEG file. With three user defined data fields available, the photographer can now customize the way image files are named at time of capture. (i.e. data1_data2_data3_01.jpg).
When used with an optional barcode, mag-stripe or RFID scanner, a photographer can now scan data and have that information stored in the EXIF header of the JPEG file as well. Additionally, the barcode information can also be used with the information contained in the three user defined fields to automatically rename the image file (in any order) prior to Wi-Pics Mobile!™ transmitting the image. (i.e. Barcode_data1_data2_data3_01.jpg).
Wi-Pics Mobile!™ solves the problem of moving images from Point A to Point B, while adding the capability to easily search and retrieve images directly after they are captured allowing for a faster work flow, reduced costs, increased sales and last but not least, a more profitable business.
Wi-Pics Mobile!™ supports most Canon & Nikon professional cameras and requires no modification of camera hardware or firmware. A list of currently supported cameras can be found here.
Features / Benefits
Wi-Pics Mobile!™ features a small, light and compact design that can be mounted under the camera with a custom designed bracket that allows easy movement and does not impede the photographer or camera performance.
- Connects to the camera via the USB port.
- Data Association via optional barcode scanner, (up to 6 barcodes per image), or enter data on the fly using a stylus and the virtual keyboard (pre or post picture).
- Three user defined data fields for Data Association can be preconfigured with pull down lists of specific event data or edited on the fly.
- Embed all data fields (including scans) into the User Comments or Image Description (or both) sections of the EXIF header of the JPG file.
- Automatically rename image files with data from any or all of the data fields, including barcode data.
- Transmit wirelessly via UNC or FTP protocols.
- Supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP and AES wireless security standards.
- Standard wireless transmission range is approximately 590 feet (IEEE 802.11b/g) but can be extended.
- Easily view file transmission progress via the LCD display.
- Preview images on the LCD display by tapping on the image filename.
- Connects to the camera via the USB port.
- Save and retrieve Data Association and Transmission settings quickly and easily.
- Ability to "Lock-Out" all command functions.
Specifications:Size: 5.00 x 2.94 x .0.81 inches (127 x74.60 x 20.60 mm).
Weight: 6.25 oz (177 g) (includes standard battery).
Display: 3.5” TFT LCD, resolution 240 x 320.
Battery: Rechargeable 3.7V, 1200 mAh Lithium Ion battery.
Memory Slots: One (1) CompactFlash (CF), One (1) Secure Digital (SD).
Processor: Intel PXA270 @ 624 MHz.
Memory: 128MB SDRAM, 256MB NAND FLASH.
OS: Windows Mobile.
Wireless LAN: IEEE 802.11 b/g.
Data Rate: up to 54 Mbps.
Frequency Range: 2.412 to 2.484 Ghz, (chan 1-14).
Output Power: 14.5 dBm (OFDM); 16 dBm (CCK).
Bluetooth: V2.0 + EDR Class 2.